Each eco-friendly necklace is carefully handmade using recycled paper.
Our talented artisans select a variety of discarded magazines and recycled paper to skilfully create these beautiful buddha style bead necklaces. Each hangs approximately 60cm but can be wrapped around twice for a chunkier, shorter style necklace.
Necklaces will vary in colour due to the natural processing of each individual bead.
Our sustainable & creative jewellery is for our stylish and conscious customers.
Look great; feel great!
Lumago jewellery was created to make a difference int he lives of disadvantaged women in the Philippines. Working with a poverty-stricken community to deliver opportunities to unemployed mothers, trainign them to handcraft beautiful accessories from upcycled materials, as well as giving them the skills and resources they need to build a better life for themselves and a brighter future for their children.
We believe that together investing in women will have a far-reaching impact in alleviating poverty. We believe that giving new life to used materials is a small, but important step in preservin our environment. Being socially responsible means being an ambassador for change.
PEOPLE. PLANET. PROMISE
What can you do to help save our planet?
Here are 10 Simple Things You Can Do to Help Protect the Earth
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three “R’s” to conserve natural resources and landfill space.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community. You can get involved in protecting your watershed, too.
- Educate. When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources.
- Conserve water. The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean.
- Choose sustainable. Learn how to make smart seafood choices at www.fishwatch.gov.
- Shop wisely. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also flip the light switch off when you leave the room!
- Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Don’t send chemicals into our waterways. Choose non-toxic chemicals in the home and office.
- Bike more. Drive less.